ACS Puget Sound Section Executive Offices - Call for Nominations
The ACS Puget Sound Section is calling for nominations for its Executive Committee officers for 2019. We have eight positions up for election. A brief description of the duties of each position is provided. Please note that attendance at executive meetings is a responsibility for all positions.
(1 Year Term per Position – One open position for 2019 - 2021)
This is a three year commitment serving one year each as Chair-Elect, Chair, and Past-Chair. The duties vary slightly with each position.
• attends Executive Committee meetings and facilitates meetings in the chair's absence
• heads the program committee
• attends the Leadership Institute training sponsored by ACS
• prepares agenda and leads monthly Executive Committee meetings
• appoints committee chairs
• ensures timely completion of business tasks
• attends Executive Committee meetings
• provides support to the Chair, Chair-Elect, and the Executive Committee
• completes annual report for previous year
• leads the nominations committee
(1 Year Term per Position – One open position for 2019 - 2020)
Position Descriptions are the same as above – replacement for a vacated position.
Secretary (1 Year Term – One open position for 2019)
The Secretary’s primary duties include
• taking and distributing notes at Executive Committee meetings
• creating and managing election ballot and works with election Tellers to validate election results
• submitting the election results and committee nominations to the national office.
Treasurer (1 Year Term – One open position for 2019)
The Treasurer’s primary duties include
• preparing a monthly budget and managing the section's accounts
• managing cash inflows and outflows
• working with the finance committee to review the section's finances and prepare the annual budget
• completing the financial section of the annual report.
Councilor (3 Year Term – Two open positions for 2019-2021)
The Councilor’s primary duties include
• representing the section at the two National meetings and serve on national committees
• advising the chair, the Executive Committee, and other committee chairs
• volunteering or be assigned to serve on section committees and subcommittees
Alternate Councilor (3 Year Term – Two open positions for 2019 -2021)
The Alternate councilor’s primary duties include
• fulfilling the role of a councilor when the councilor is not available
• attending the regional NORM meeting
• volunteering or be assigned to serve on section committees and subcommittees.
Nominations and Elections Tentative Timeline
Call for nominations April 1st – August 31st
Voting (mail and online) ~October 15th – November 4th
Election Validated By November 12th
Karen Goodwin, Nominations Committee Chair
Nominations or questions?
Send your nominations and /or submit any questions via email to: email@example.com
ACS Puget Sound Section and Skagit Community College are co-presenting:
Transfer Information Event
Monday – May 7, 2018 – 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Skagit Community College – Angst Hall Room A-239
2405 E. College Way, Mt Vernon, WA 98273– Free visitor parking
Session 1: 11:30 – 12:15 PM WWU admission and financial aid
Session 2: 12:15 - 1:00 PM UW admission and financial aid
Session 3: 1:15 – 2:15 PM STEM programs/departments/life as an undergrad
Each session will have a panel of speakers to answer questions. Sessions are designed for 25 minute presentations with time for Q&A, followed by snack breaks with time to interact with panelists!
Event RSVP Link
The 2018 Northwest Regional Meeting (NORM) will be hosted from June 24th - 27th, 2018
at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratories in Richland, WA by the Richland Section of the American Chemical Society.
Registration and additional info is available on the NORM 2018 website.
Registration opened January 15th, 2018.
Call for papers opened January 29th, 2018