ACS Puget Sound Section Executive Offices - Call for Nominations
The ACS Puget Sound Section is calling for nominations for its Executive Committee officers for 2019. We have eight positions up for election. A brief description of the duties of each position is provided. Please note that attendance at executive meetings is a responsibility for all positions.
(1 Year Term per Position – One open position for 2019 - 2021)
This is a three year commitment serving one year each as Chair-Elect, Chair, and Past-Chair. The duties vary slightly with each position.
• attends Executive Committee meetings and facilitates meetings in the chair's absence
• heads the program committee
• attends the Leadership Institute training sponsored by ACS
• prepares agenda and leads monthly Executive Committee meetings
• appoints committee chairs
• ensures timely completion of business tasks
• attends Executive Committee meetings
• provides support to the Chair, Chair-Elect, and the Executive Committee
• completes annual report for previous year
• leads the nominations committee
(1 Year Term per Position – One open position for 2019 - 2020)
Position Descriptions are the same as above – replacement for a vacated position.
Secretary (1 Year Term – One open position for 2019)
The Secretary’s primary duties include
• taking and distributing notes at Executive Committee meetings
• creating and managing election ballot and works with election Tellers to validate election results
• submitting the election results and committee nominations to the national office.
Treasurer (1 Year Term – One open position for 2019)
The Treasurer’s primary duties include
• preparing a monthly budget and managing the section's accounts
• managing cash inflows and outflows
• working with the finance committee to review the section's finances and prepare the annual budget
• completing the financial section of the annual report.
Councilor (3 Year Term – Two open positions for 2019-2021)
The Councilor’s primary duties include
• representing the section at the two National meetings and serve on national committees
• advising the chair, the Executive Committee, and other committee chairs
• volunteering or be assigned to serve on section committees and subcommittees
Alternate Councilor (3 Year Term – Two open positions for 2019 -2021)
The Alternate councilor’s primary duties include
• fulfilling the role of a councilor when the councilor is not available
• attending the regional NORM meeting
• volunteering or be assigned to serve on section committees and subcommittees.
Nominations and Elections Tentative Timeline
Call for nominations April 1st – August 31st
Voting (mail and online) ~October 15th – November 4th
Election Validated By November 12th
Karen Goodwin, Nominations Committee Chair
Nominations or questions?
Send your nominations and /or submit any questions via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org